Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Enchanted


Enchanted, originally uploaded by velvia rules!.

On October 15th, 2005 I went backpacking for three days into the Enchantments, a beautiful place of lakes and mountains in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness, Washington. After 10 miles of hauling my camera and backpacking gear I arrived in the plateau of the enchantments in a storm. The wind was blowing so hard that I spent an hour looking for a campsite that was somewhat sheltered. I couldn't sleep because the noise of the wind in the trees and on the rocks and since I was worried that my tent will break down.
The next morning the wind was gone. And fog had transformed the already beautiful landscape into a magical place. The bright yellow of the larches' needles covered the ground and was swimming in the lakes. It was completely silent. I did not meet anybody for the next two days. I was in a state of wonder. And greatful for being able to be in such a beautiful place and being able to photograph it!

Prusik Peak in early morning fog as seen from Leprechaun Lake.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there. Done that. Agree 100%. Beautiful picture.

Monday, February 12, 2007 5:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home